Echoscopy is an examination of internal organs and structures using ultrasound rays. Ultrasound waves penetrate very well through liquids, parenchymal organs, and soft tissues, so ultrasound examination is most suitable for examining soft tissues, organs of the abdominal cavity, genital and urinary systems, thyroid gland, mammary glands, and joints. This research method is very widely used in obstetrics. Ultrasound can be used for early diagnosis of pregnancy.
At the “Greitoji žirafa” clinic, the examination is carried out with a SAMSUNG HS40 echoscope, which has a particularly good resolution, and as a result, it is possible to easily see the anatomical structures of organs or their parts and their changes, such as, for example: expansion of pancreatic vessels or expansion of the gallbladder duct in case of obstruction.
Echoscopic examination is painless and safe. Before the ultrasound examination, the animal is starved for 12 hours, but water must be available continuously. In the clinic, the fur of the pet is shaved from the examined area and the skin is applied with ultrasound gel. Ultrasound examination can last from 15 to 40 minutes, depending on the organ being examined.
Echoscopy is recommended for pets, especially older ones, not only for diagnostic purposes, but also for prevention, during which uterine or prostate diseases and early stages of cancer are often diagnosed.
WE PERFORM THE FOLLOWING ULTRASONIC DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES:
- Urinary system (diagnosis of kidney, ureter, bladder diseases);
- Reproductive system (diagnosis of diseases of ovaries, uterus, prostate, testicles);
- Digestive systems (diagnosis of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas, stomach, intestines);
- Abdominal cavities (diagnosis of ascites, tumors);
- With the help of ultrasound, we perform the interruption of fluids in the abdominal cavity and chest and collect a urine sample from the bladder (cystocentesis);